You have surely heard about “those success stories” beginning with “I’ve started my own online business and I get rich! Yes, give me applause!” Maybe you have asked yourself “Is it so easy to make money on the internet or how they succeeded in internet selling, how and how…” Don’t worry; you can be the next actor of those internet business success stories. The most popular online business is to start selling online by opening an online store. This post lists a checklist of important steps to guarantee your success in online ecommerce venture.
1. What to Sell Online? Choose the right products and categories!Product is the master. You have to play with its rules; otherwise you have to get started again and again. But how to start playing this game:
1.1. What to sell online?Please do not answer above question as “I have no idea!” Choose a product you know about and are familiar with in order to enjoy your possible business and increase your chance to be successful in your entrepreneurship.
1.2. How to sell online? When?Make a detailed research about the product you’ll sell online. Does anybody already sell it? Where do they sell it? To whom do they sell it? Where do they keep the products? How do they ship them to customers? So many questions to be answered… Start wherever you want 😉
2. Business Plan! It is a matter of time and money.Want to go back to school years? You will feel like a student while writing your business plan. We suggest you to plan your time and especially your money. Since it seems you will pay for nothing while selling online but you are better to start figuring out these important factors:
- Production Costs
- Shipping fees and taxes
- Advertising costs
- Fullfillment handling cost
- Potential selling price
- Credit Processing cost
If these terms doesn’t mean anything to you. You can read the previous post about basic ecommerce terms for ecommerce entrepreneurs article series.
3. Build your own online store with Shopio! The Easiest way.Congratulations, you have almost gone halfway down! Now it is time to build your online store and put it at the disposal of your possible customers on the Internet.
3.1 Create your online store with Shopio free plans to start your business.Shopio is the easiest way to sell online. Our ecommerce solution includes everything you need to set up your online store and start selling online. You could make your first sale the same day you sign up! Create your online store.
3.2 Choose your theme and design your storefrontNo matter which business you are in. Every premium Shopio theme comes with its own settings so you can quickly customize your storefront theme. Easily customize your theme settings, upload your logo, change colors, fonts and other settings without requiring HTML or CSS knowledge.
3.3 Configure payment gatewaysShopio ecommerce platform is fully integrated with global payment systems such as Paypal, Stripe, Authorize.net, Braintree, 2Checkout and much more. Local payment providers are also available to accept credit cards from all over the world.
3.4 Purchase a domain nameShow your creativity! We know that almost all clear names are already in use but try to create a catchy domain name. It is better to be short and easy to remember and also unique. Add some words or letters to the name you have in your mind and remember the domain name should be related to your products!
4. Attracting Customers! Drive traffic to your online store.You think you have the most attractive, the greatest online business in the world, maybe… If no-one knows about it then nothing will sell. Then start the show to show them what you have! Without any show, you will get no popularity and no money in the e-commerce sector. What to do? Here are some tips:
- Share your store with friends in social media. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest..
- Create your first blog post in order to take attention of your potential visitors.
- Optimize your online store for SEO
- Use e-mail marketing to turn visitors into buyers
- Offer Time Sensitive Discounts
- Offer Free Shipping
- Start your online marketing Campaigns. (Google Adwords, Bing, Facebook)